Thursday, August 14, 2008

Reduction Print 101 - Fail

So, this did not work out at all as I had planned. It is my first attempt at a reduction print. The biggest mistake, in hindsight, was waiting too long to go to a darker ink, resulting in a leaf that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. In fact, I'm surprised I'm even posting this one.

I did learn a couple of valuable lessons along the way. The only difference in the top two prints is the paper they are printed on. I need to make a point of trying 3 or 4 different papers until I find the one I am happy with. Also, I like the detail view of this rather than the full image. The next time I try it, I am definitely going macro. Details.

Now the question is what to do with the 15 prints I've pulled. Several ideas have crossed my mind, including cutting them up into little pieces and shipping them off to my mom to make cards, or cropping them drastically. I've even considered making a new block to add a layer of dark. For now, though, putting them in a pile in some forgotten corner seems like the best solution.

All in all, I enjoyed the process, I just want to be better at it. I'll chalk this one up to a learning experience.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send some to me:)