Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Photographing Pastel Paintings


I am getting a little frustrated trying to find the time to get some of the pastels I've been doing over the past few months photographed. Equally frustrating is trying to find the time to find the tripod I haven't seen in a year. I was on a roll with these for a while, before getting bogged down by work and distracted by experimenting with block printing, sometime the subject of its own post. I cranked out about 7 or 8 along the same lines as those I've pictured above.

Fortunately, or not, I've kind of lost interest in painting landscapes lately and have become turned on by just color and texture. Somehow, though, they kind of end up looking like something that resembles part of a site plan. I haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet, but if I want to get them onto my much neglected and disorganized Flickr account, I must like them. I guess since I took the time to hang them on a wall instead of stacking them with the ever growing piles of ideas and unfinished paintings that ended up forgotten, I like them a lot.

No comments: